Question ASUS ROG Strix GL531GW-AL225T Black screen keyboard backlit and fan running

Oct 2, 2020
Hi,

Laptop model : ASUS ROG Strix GL531GW-AL225T

I was scrolling on Facebook when suddenly my laptop shut down.

When it restarted it showed some kind of bluescreen with only option to start recovery mode.

I tried restarting the computer after it showed this blue screen and then the screen stayed black.

The fan and the backlit keyboard are working and the ac and power led are working fine.

The backlit keyboard however blinks every 5-10sec which is very odd.

I looked at multiple forums and tried all kind of command crtl + home + power, ctrl esc power, ctrl alt delete power, hold power down for 40 sec, all keys above for 40 sec, the screen just remains black. I tried all of these steps with ac plugged in and out and plugging in between

I also tried plugging a monitor and TV with hdmi and tried all of the above, still a black screen with keyboard light and fan on.

My computer has warranty and I am able to ship it back, I will not open the laptop for warranty reason, but I am unable to go back to my country for 20 days so I hope I can find a solution online.

I have a feeling my gpu fried since I have no image. If someone could please help me by providing some commands I could try or help me some other way, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kukomitzu Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
gerjacint23 Laptop Tech Support 3
Purestrafe Laptop Tech Support 0
OldGilgy Laptop Tech Support 5
A Laptop Tech Support 8
Vladtherad123 Laptop Tech Support 1
Frogeriz Laptop Tech Support 3
DestinedPotato Laptop Tech Support 4
Zaell Laptop Tech Support 1