Solved! Asus s410ua drivers problem

goran_10

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
I recently bought an Asus s14 s410ua, at least that's what it says on the package. I succesfully installed Windows 10 Pro (1709) on it. However, when I tried installing any of the official drivers from Asus website, it says that drivers don't match the device. Also, when I try to update the bios with Asus WinFlash tool and the official bios file for s410ua I get a message saying that I'm trying to update the x411uas model with a wrong bios file (see link bellow). What is going on?

https://imgur.com/a/fXXoS4B

Solution

Well I'll be damned...I don't believe I'm saying this but Windows actually helped me solved the problem. It installed the missing drivers through the auto update. At least for the Intel HD Graphics, which was the most critical one, as the drivers from the Asus support couldn't recognize the hardware. Everything seems to be working for now. Lols...
Thanks for the reply, though. Cheers!
The BIOS file you downloaded is definitely for the VivoBook S14 S410UA (I downloaded it myself to check), so it seems likely the laptop you bought does not match the packaging and is actually the S410UAS model as stated in the WinFlash information panel in your screenshot.

Is the model number printed on the underside of the laptop?

goran_10

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

The model on the underside is S410U, and the packaging definitely states S410UA, but I checked in the bios and it reads x411UAS. I googled but could't find any info nor asus support for S410UAS or X411UAS. Where am I supposed to get the drivers from? What's the difference with the S models anyway? And was I duped? I'm confused...

goran_10

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

Well I'll be damned...I don't believe I'm saying this but Windows actually helped me solved the problem. It installed the missing drivers through the auto update. At least for the Intel HD Graphics, which was the most critical one, as the drivers from the Asus support couldn't recognize the hardware. Everything seems to be working for now. Lols...
Thanks for the reply, though. Cheers!

Solution