asus screen problem lcd cable

3pino

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Hi! yesterday powering my asus n551 I found that something was really odd: the screen (smartphone photo) is in pink scale, pixels seem halved and a sort of "last 30 seconds mean" is showed (asus logo overlaps desktop at boot).
The problem shows also during boot on asus logo so I suppose is not a driver problem. External monitors are not affected.
I ask to someone more expert than me if is possible that the probem is the lcd cable partially detatched in a way that make this fixable by me disassembling the pc.

Thanks

9tod38.jpg

Solution
if the unit is out of warranty look online on youtube and google for the service guild for your laptop. most times on the left side display hinge is going to be a gold data cable. this cable going to plug into the inverter on the lcd and on the mb. if there still locked in and the laptop opens fine...cable not pinched or cut..the display itself or the inverter board may have failed. if it in warranty send it in for repair.
if the unit is out of warranty look online on youtube and google for the service guild for your laptop. most times on the left side display hinge is going to be a gold data cable. this cable going to plug into the inverter on the lcd and on the mb. if there still locked in and the laptop opens fine...cable not pinched or cut..the display itself or the inverter board may have failed. if it in warranty send it in for repair.

Solution