Question Asus service center denying warranty

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Hi folks,

To cut a long story short my laptop fx505dy was not booting up and I can feel it's getting hotter middle of the keyboard.
After 2 months (Due to lockdown? I get to service center and they denied my warranty saying it's CID (Consumer Induced Damaged) and somebody used heat gun (don't know what it is) over the motherboard which burned some components. They sent some images which I want to share here but didn't seeing any options
I never opened it I mailed to asus support and awaiting reply for the same.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
o7cemIf.jpg

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Something got VERY hot. Cause, not sure, but normal use would not cause such damage. Not even if the cooling system failed, as the system would shut down before causing such damage (typically).

Did you experience anything like a lightening strike or significant power surge before the system failed?

Reactions: Skc7622

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Something got VERY hot. Cause, not sure, but normal use would not cause such damage. Not even if the cooling system failed, as the system would shut down before causing such damage (typically).

Did you experience anything like a lightening strike or significant power surge before the system failed?

Hi bro thanks for reverting back.
No I don't have any power surge or lighting strike as you mentioned in your comment.

But when booting after first time till it was working, I found that whole keyboard was lit up and warming without boot up and even hard shut down (Pressing power key for few minutes) won't letting it off.
I can't remove battery as it is non removable.
But my question is how this be treated as CID (Customer Induced Damage)?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi bro thanks for reverting back.
No I don't have any power surge or lighting strike as you mentioned in your comment.

But when booting after first time till it was working, I found that whole keyboard was lit up and warming without boot up and even hard shut down (Pressing power key for few minutes) won't letting it off.
I can't remove battery as it is non removable.
But my question is how this be treated as CID (Customer Induced Damage)?
Seems they are assuming that the damage was intentional. I would guess this is based on the damaged area is isolated to a specific area. Damaged motherboard components would typically not present themselves in such a fashion.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Seems they are assuming that the damage was intentional. I would guess this is based on the damaged area is isolated to a specific area. Damaged motherboard components would typically not present themselves in such a fashion.

Alright Bro.
But I have told the truth, Why should I attempt repairing a brand new laptop? Why should anybody if it's already covered?

Today I am going to counter their points can you advice me what I can do to convince them? I am still trying to figure out what happened to this machine and why they are blaming me? It's really scary and depressing

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Are you actually speaking to a person or just corresponding via email/chat?

Was there damage to the components around the motherboard?

I will be going to service center today and speaking to service center guys yesterday they mailed me pictures and reason why they are not repairing it.

Yes it looks whole motherboard gets damaged as its not booting up and it appears the region which houses graphic card gets burned.
Previously whenever I tried to boot it always have black screen without anything with keyboard lit and getting warmer on its own which I can feel when touching keyboard.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Ask them how you could possibly damage only the motherboard and not the components around/attached to it. That much heat would have damaged other parts of the laptop.

Good point but what if they told me that first you have detach motherboard from laptop and tried heat gun on it?

He told this thing during previous conversation which totally seems ridiculous to me but he was trying to make his point anyway.

I really don't know how ASUS is taking care of after sale service but it's a huge blow for me without my fault

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Onr more thing I would like to mention, if service center guy assembled it the way it was handed over to him.

It will be still heating on that area if putting on charger or if their is any battery left.
Will it prove my point that it burn itself and still burning that region?

Good point but what if they told me that first you have detach motherboard from laptop and tried heat gun on it?

He told this thing during previous conversation which totally seems ridiculous to me but he was trying to make his point anyway.

I really don't know how ASUS is taking care of after sale service but it's a huge blow for me without my fault

That model laptops gets hot fast, and I had the exact system fail and need a new motherboard within 7 months. The fans are still running at high speeds even under load. It's silly for them to think that someone would have taken the thing apart and deliberately heated parts of it to fail, then sent it to them in order to repair it. It's like someone crashing a car into a pole so they can bring it to a shop to get fixed. However there is nothing anyone on the forums can do for you to make them repair it, you just have to make your case and the fact that it's crazy for anyone to damage the system deliberately and then spend time getting it fixed.