Asus smart gesture disable after returning from sleep

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mathusk

Honorable
May 22, 2013
When my laptop (S400CA) power up again after it went into sleep mode, the smart gesture function became disable. Can anyone know how to solve this problem?

rae85

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015

How did you delete your ATK?
Did you simply delete the 'ATK package' folder in "program files (x86)'?

I'm trying to fix my smart gesture but I have to get rid of my old atk and download the newest one first.

TheLaurixs1

Estimable
Oct 6, 2015

HI. Open (control panel) open (Programs and Features) locate (Smart gesture) (Repire)... works on X75 series Windows 8.1

If not falow Asus_USA solution ....

Asus_USA
Go into your Control Panel -> Programs and check to see which version of the Smart gesture program you are running. Make sure it is Version V2.0.1. If it is anything lower, please uninstall and go to our support site http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&... and download the latest version.

Also, before installing the new Smart Gesture, install the latest ATK driver package. You can find it under the "utilities" section at the support site.

Steve_23

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

I had the same problem when I realized that the only thing you need is to restart the process.
As I was using ASUS Smart Gesture I wrote a little batch script that do the work for you.
If you want to give it a try I give you the source code from my GitHub Repo

https://github.com/SEV007/asus_smartgesture_reload_fix

feel free to comment how it worked for you, any feedback is appreciated :)
Thanks!

Mas Seno

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
HI!! I'M SENO . JUST FOLLOW MY STEP TO RESOLVE IT!!!!

GOTO >>>>>>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x64". JUST RUN "AsusTPLoader.exe" .. IT WILL ACTIVATE YOUR SMART GESTURE..

KirillZ

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016

Hey! I JUST fixed the problem. It is REAALLY easy. Go to Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Find ASUS Smart Gesture>Right Click on It>Click Repair> Wait For Finish>Restart>Log In> WORKS!!!!!!!
Your Welcome.

KirillZ

Estimable
Jan 21, 2016
Go To Control Panel>Uninstall A Program>Find ASUS Smart Gesture>Right Click>Repair>Wait>Wait>Click OK> Will ask to Restart>OK>Restart>Login>Wait>Heart Thumps from the tension of did it fix or not> *Drum Roll*> Try it> IT WORKS WOW OMG GTFO IDK W/ BS!> Calm Down and Carry On.
You are welcome!

aharnak

Estimable
Feb 6, 2016

Huge help, thank you! For some reason my touchpad software stops on its own all the time. Running AsusTPLauncher.exe works. You can throw the command in a batch file and run it every time the touchpad stops working. Thanks!

AnonymousGlen

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
This is less of a solution and more of a workaround but everything else I've tried only works temporarily.

Basically what I did was I created a batch file to close smart gesture (in my situation, smart gesture reopens itself after closing)

I opened Notepad and typed:
Taskkill /IM AsusTPCenter.exe /F

Then I saved that as a .bat
Just for organization i moved that file into the ASTPCenter folder.

Then I created a task in Task Scheduler to run the .bat file every time the computer wakes up.

In task scheduler i created a new task with On workstation unlock as a trigger and Start a Program with the .bat file as the action. Pretty sure i kept everything the same.

Not the most elegant solution since every time you wake the computer up cmd runs for a second, but It has worked for me so far

lenni09

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

What about adding AsusTPLoader.exe to autostart programms? Worked for me: Windows+R > type in "shell:startup" > add a copy of "AsusTPLoader" to that folder

adi_5

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
hi

I am running ZenBook UX305FA witj Win 10
we are having problems with the smart Gesture app.

it runs in the background all the time, had some "blue screen" events, and a many malfunctioning.

any solution ?

thanx

Also, before installing the new Smart Gesture, install the latest ATK driver package. You can find it under the "utilities" section at the support site. [/quotemsg]

ozmedia

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
A simple work around.Open task manager Ctrl-Alt-Del and scroll down to and highlight Asus Smart Gesture Center then click End task, it will take a quick second to restart and you are good to go again/