ASUS SonicMaster Not Booting No Bios

danielthomas309

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Hi. A 5 year old Asus SonicMaster just freezes on a blank screen, no bios or anything. The fans spin and the HDD spins for a second. I've tried doing stuff with the battery and button combinations but nothing has worked. I have ordered a replacement CMOS battery, doubt it will work though. Would appreciate any tips. Thanks.

Solution

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your issue, haha. Didn't realize this was entirely a bios thing. My bad.

From my understanding, there's a few things that can prevent the BIOS from doing its thing. Here's a couple things you can try:

1. Remove one of the RAM sticks and try booting again. If it doesn't work, swap it with the other RAM stick. If it's only got one stick of RAM and you don't have one you can test it with, I'd leave ordering a new stick of RAM as the last resort.

2. The graphics card or CPU may be bad. If you don't have a removable GPU or CPU, this wont help.

3. If all else fails, the motherboard itself...

danielthomas309

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

Hi, I have tried with three HDDs, all working with windows installed and without a drive there is still no bios.

kapsey

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your issue, haha. Didn't realize this was entirely a bios thing. My bad.

From my understanding, there's a few things that can prevent the BIOS from doing its thing. Here's a couple things you can try:

1. Remove one of the RAM sticks and try booting again. If it doesn't work, swap it with the other RAM stick. If it's only got one stick of RAM and you don't have one you can test it with, I'd leave ordering a new stick of RAM as the last resort.

2. The graphics card or CPU may be bad. If you don't have a removable GPU or CPU, this wont help.

3. If all else fails, the motherboard itself just might be bad. They can be expensive to replace, so keep that in mind. You don't want to spend more fixing this laptop than you would buying a new one!

Good luck, let me know how it goes!

Solution