Asus Strix 7.1 FL and FR speakers not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron_51

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I recently purchased the Asus STRIX 7.1 surround sound gaming headset (https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/STRIX_71/)

The headset comes with a audio station where can select various things such as whether it's on 7.1 surround or not (The problem). When I have the 7.1 surround sound on, every other speaker on the windows sound test works but the Front Left and the Front Right (Two very important speakers) but when I have it off only the Front Left and Front Right work, this is very annoying for me because when I play game such as ArmA, I can either hear all around but not to the direct left or right of me or only to the direct left or right.

I have looked around and all I can see online is that I need to go into my windows settings and turn it from Stero to 5.1 surround sound. All I have in my windows is 7.1 surround and thats all.

Please let me know if you can help me. Thanks

Solution
I fixed this annoying issue, the audio station dial could be pressed down and mute/unmute the specific speak you had selected to configure. I went round and unmuted all the speakers that weren't working when I had the 7.1 surround on and the problem was solved.

Cameron_51

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I fixed this annoying issue, the audio station dial could be pressed down and mute/unmute the specific speak you had selected to configure. I went round and unmuted all the speakers that weren't working when I had the 7.1 surround on and the problem was solved.

Solution

roybjjj

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2015
I love you .
couldn't figure out why I can't hear speech in many games. I went through the dial thing and saw the red light on the center, but I though it meant you can't set the volume on it or something. reading your comment clicked and I realized the center was muted.
now I can't stop hearing them voices :)
thanks!
still rocking after 7 years...

Status
Not open for further replies.