Asus Strix DSP ps4 setup?

bart6913

Estimable
Jan 5, 2016
I just got my Asus Strix DSP and was mainly going to use them for my ps4 but the only way i can get them to work is through the audio jack on the controller, which is useless to me because the main reason i bought them was for the box that had an amp/sound card built in; but when i use this on ps4 it says input device:USB microphone (Strix dsp) but on output it says "TV or AV amplifier, is there some way for me to use the headset WITH the amp/sound card? An adapter maybe? The mic works i just have no sound when i use the amp

Solution
No, the amp is USB and for a PC.

Strix DSP is also perfect for smartphones, tablets and PlayStation® 4, thanks to the four-pole 3.5mm audio/mic combined adapter. Plug into your smart device to keep in touch with family or friends on the road or PlayStation® 4 to enjoy gaming fun. Our research shows that 1.5m cable is the perfect length for mobile or PlayStation® 4 controller use — no more knots and tangles!

No AMP/DAC usage on the PS4, right from the Asus site.
No, the amp is USB and for a PC.

Strix DSP is also perfect for smartphones, tablets and PlayStation® 4, thanks to the four-pole 3.5mm audio/mic combined adapter. Plug into your smart device to keep in touch with family or friends on the road or PlayStation® 4 to enjoy gaming fun. Our research shows that 1.5m cable is the perfect length for mobile or PlayStation® 4 controller use — no more knots and tangles!

No AMP/DAC usage on the PS4, right from the Asus site.

Solution
you might want to be more specific getochkn as its rather hard to understand your intended message.

i didnt read the manual, but from the site and that statement i'd figure the below is likely about right:

to use the device in virtual surround mode (use the onboard dac to process this) you need to have it hooked up to a pc. basically, its an external usb soundcard.

if connected to a mobile device or console, it would just be an amplifier for the headphones and sound would be stereo only.

---------

Dave57

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
For the Asus Strix to work on the PS4, all a company needs to do, is to come out with an interface that takes optical 7.1 in... and just passes it out via USB. Simple. ...but no one makes it. The Strix uses USB to a computer which pulls from the drivers you load onto the hard drive. So... take an external USB soundcard that has Optical in and USB out and Bingo. How hard is that to build for Asus or... Startech etc. to build??? JEEEEEEEEZUZ!!!