Solved! Asus Strix help won’t boot or come on at all!!

May 23, 2018
My Asus Strix GL502VT turned off and won’t turn back on. No light. Nothing. Uninstalled programs and it stopped working. Could it be the cmos battery or anything like that? Wont show charging or anything. Please help!!

Solution
Uninstalling any programs should not prevent it from turning on. However a bad battery, bad charger, bad charging port, damaged power button, damaged motherboard, etc., could prevent it from turning on.

I would contact the manufacturer about it (they may need to look at it) if under warranty, or try a local tech if not under warranty.
NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

May 23, 2018
I’ve tried that. I read somewhere on here I believe to try letting it sit with a hardline in it and see if the Asus servers could repair it. It happened after I uninstalled some stuff on it

Uninstalling any programs should not prevent it from turning on. However a bad battery, bad charger, bad charging port, damaged power button, damaged motherboard, etc., could prevent it from turning on.

I would contact the manufacturer about it (they may need to look at it) if under warranty, or try a local tech if not under warranty.

Solution