Asus Strix Soar w/ Corsair HS60 Mic Issues

Dec 4, 2018
So, I got a new sound card. The Corsair HS60 only has one 3.5mm jack. I've tried using Line-In and the sound card won't detect my headset. If I use the headphones jack, it doesn't detect the microphone. Am I going to have to get a 3.5mm splitter for my headset to work properly with my new sound card?

Edit: I forgot to add, that the HS60 comes with a USB adapter. I don't want to go that route, because my sound card would be useless at point.

Solution
The headset is designed to pair with the USB driven sound card
003.jpg

and as such that connector is one that has both mic and audio output(to cans). Yes you're going to need a splitter to use your headset with the discrete sound card, but that defeats the purpose of buying the Corsair HS60 headset where you're supposed to be running it off the USB sound card when using it with a PC.

Lutfij

Splendid
The headset is designed to pair with the USB driven sound card
003.jpg

and as such that connector is one that has both mic and audio output(to cans). Yes you're going to need a splitter to use your headset with the discrete sound card, but that defeats the purpose of buying the Corsair HS60 headset where you're supposed to be running it off the USB sound card when using it with a PC.

Solution
Dec 4, 2018

I appreciate the quick answer. I'm not sure that it defeats the purpose of this headset though. I will test the sound with the USB and see if it's comparable with the Strix Soar. If the sound is better with my sound card, I believe I will just buy a $10 splitter off Amazon.