ASUS TF300T Randomly Reboots

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Try a hard reset. You could be having an issue with an app, or with some caching problems. Check the below tutorial and give it a shot. It's for a Samsung, but should work cross-brand.

If this doesn't work, you might want to give factory default resetting a shot.

Dennis Edejer

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

I had this tablet for a year already..

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Try a hard reset. You could be having an issue with an app, or with some caching problems. Check the below tutorial and give it a shot. It's for a Samsung, but should work cross-brand.

If this doesn't work, you might want to give factory default resetting a shot.

ninsyl

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015

A hard reset doesn't work. Also the device shuts down and reboots too fast to allow me to click on the factory reset button. The tablet is about 3 years old and has been dropped several times during that period of time. So, is there a fix for this?

timken

Estimable
Mar 2, 2015

I had the same problem and tried the hard reset, during a hard reset, if your continue to hold down the power and volume button it will take you into a different screen with small text lines in the upper left and 3 icons in the middle of the screen, the first icon is RC, the second is an android icon and the third is a wipe data, you can move between icons using the power button (i think, otherwise try the volume button), get it to the wipe data icon and press which ever button didn't move the selection (sorry for the lack of specificity, but i tried so many times, i stopped paying attention to what I was doing), after activating the wipe data icon, it went to a large android character saying it was wiping the data, after that it rebooted and has been working fine for the last 3 days, I did lose all my pictures :( music and documents, but it looks like i don't have to buy a new tablet, at least not yet.

Jun 1, 2015

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Android Tablets 0
S Android Tablets 1
G Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 9
M Android Tablets 1
H Android Tablets 3
W Android Tablets 1
S Android Tablets 1
K Android Tablets 1