Asus transformer laptop black screen with pointer problem after installing Nvidia drivers

Vykiss

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
Im very new to this forum so sorry in advance if im suppossed to post elsewhere.

My parents bought a new laptop (ASUS TP300LD) a couple of weeks ago, so i got back home to set it up for them (installing programs, drivers and all that). They were using the laptop successfully right until i got home and started installing everything. All the drivers i downloaded and installed were from the official ASUS website. So after trying to install the Nvidia drivers for the laptop (card - Geforce 820M) the screen went black with just the cursor showing. I thought that its no biggie just needs some time to update, as it has happened to me before (i also have an asus laptop, everything was fine after 2-3 minutes). After waiting 10 mins or so i decided to restart the laptop. After the Asus badge and the windows 'loading' circle the pc went black again, only the cursor started to change rapidly between normal and blue loading circle. I've already restarted the pc numerous times, ctrl + alt + del doesnt work, holding the power button 15 seconds and turning it on again also doesnt work. Im not sure if i can refresh windows as i dont have the windows disk (the laptop doesnt even have a cd drive), nor the flash drive containing windows. The pc just came with already installed windows 8 (upgraded it to 10).

Really need help for this problem:/ thanks in advance.

wa1

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Try using SAFE MODE, mash F8 key rapidly when you start your laptop (turning ON from OFF).
If you can manage to get into desktop in safe mode then you can uninstall driver for graphic card.

In my personal way, I dislike netbook (small laptop which doesn't have cd drive inside).
Try it first and get back to us soon. :)

Vykiss

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

I have already tried that numerous times, and wondered why it doesn't work. Apparantely Windows 10 doesnt have an F8 Safe Mode (according to this article: http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-to-restart-windows-10-and-whatever-happened-to-safe-mode-11364000631724), unless you change the settings... Sadly i cant access this laptop completely. Although i tried to go to safe mode again, tapping F8 rapidly, and i noticed that the black screen doesnt show me the cursor anymore. Thanks for the response though! :)