ASUS Turns on and immediately shuts off with a beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikosmf

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Hi all,

I hope you can help me sort this out.

A while ago my laptop started failing to power up. Pressing the button would cause it to start up and shut off within 2sec. It would however succeed every now and then (1out of 20 or so) and I would hold on to it like dear life. However, even going into sleep mode would cause the same power up error. It has became progressively worse until now it just doesn't power up anymore.

The Issue:
When I press the power button it turns on, "Caps Lock" Led turns on and another little led next to the AC input turns on. Then 2 seconds later everything goes off. When it does, a beep sound comes from the SSD.If I remove the drive, the same happens just without the beep.

I have tried:

• Removing the battery and holding down the power button for "infinity" before trying to boot
    Removing the CMOS battery and repeat the line above
    Removing the SSD and repeat the lines above
    Removing the RAM and repeat
    Baked the motherboard
Whatever I do, nothing changes - turn on, leds go on, brief ssd spin, turns of with a beep from the ssd.

I am almost convinced that it is an issue in the motherboard but if anybody can come up with a different suggestion I'd be more than welcome to try it.

Most welcome for any help/input you can bring

Model: ASUS UX32A, intel i5, 500Gb SSD

Solution
If the adapter is faulty it could be giving just enough power to light up a few lights. And it can be a gradual failure process as you described. Easy and cheap to rule out, just get another adapter or a universal one.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
If the adapter is faulty it could be giving just enough power to light up a few lights. And it can be a gradual failure process as you described. Easy and cheap to rule out, just get another adapter or a universal one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.