ASUS turns on but desk top is gone

gittebob

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
ASUS turns on. After entering password, I get to desk top which shows the background correctly, but no icons to get to programs. I'm running WIN 10. I opened the task manager, but didn't see anything out of order. I've rebooted twice.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display or the desktop icon on there. Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Computer Only then press Enter.
- If the display would still be the same on the external monitor open Task Manager again the click on File then New Task and type in explorer.exe and see if the desktop screen will appear normally.
-If it will still not work, open Task Manager again then click on Startup tab and disable all the startup items and reboot the PC.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get a display or the desktop icon on there. Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Computer Only then press Enter.
- If the display would still be the same on the external monitor open Task Manager again the click on File then New Task and type in explorer.exe and see if the desktop screen will appear normally.
-If it will still not work, open Task Manager again then click on Startup tab and disable all the startup items and reboot the PC.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10.

Solution