ASUS U47A - ELAN touch pad gone mental

Binalith

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
The touch becomes essentially useless and jumps all over the place, but only under AC power. Anyone have or fix this issue? Thanks.

Binalith

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
chromenut, thanks for the reply. I am fully updated. something just happened that I think people will find interesting, as it seems that a lot of people are having this problem:

Since I figured out that this happens only under AC power I have been unplugging the laptop momentarily here and there to use the touch-pad while charging. A few minutes ago I did this and, wanting to use my left hand to pick up my coffee mug I rested the ac connection in the socket on the laptop, not plugged in, and definitely not registering as charging on the windows toolbar, just resting on the edge of the hole. And it still happened! Just as if it were truly connected to power, the touch-pad became nearly unresponsive and jumpy. and yes, I tried it a couple more times to be sure. This leads me to believe it is not only a hardware problem, but some kind of electrical interference. Something else I have recently noticed is it doesn't always happen right away, sometimes it takes a few minutes before the touch-pad starts misbehaving.

G

I have a U47VC. Touchpad was jumpy when under AC power. Tried using my Prudent Way AC75NE power adapter and so far, all is well. With the AC75NE, no touchpad problems while under AC power!!!

Bad_Kitty13

Estimable
Feb 26, 2014
it could be a short but try this first(just a hunch) go into your control panel>hardware and sound>select mouse(under devices and printers) go to the tab that says pointer options....unclick enhance pointer precision and hide mouse when typing, i think windows software is messing with elan software or vice versa.

Binalith

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

so you're saying you got an aftermarket AC adapter and the problem went away?