Question Asus ux303 died?!

cookiealexd123

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
Is my laptop dead? The infamous hinge problem (which lead to me replacing the back and the WiFi cables) lead to me trying to remove a stripped screw. I was unsuccessful and when trying to power on, I got stuck in that black screen reboot where the lights flash and one can't power it off. I noticed the heatsink was getting super hot so I unplugged the battery and reinstalled the fan and heatsink etc incase something had come loose. Same problem so I had to unplug the battery again. Took it to a techshop who tried switching it on, heatsink was warm but no lights turned on this time. They aren't sure what the problem is but suggest a motherboard replacement which I cant afford right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would be super grateful.

Jul 11, 2019
It's probably messed up pretty bad at this point. First take it to an authorized service center. They can tell better if you need a motherboard replacement or not.

Is my laptop dead? The infamous hinge problem (which lead to me replacing the back and the WiFi cables) lead to me trying to remove a stripped screw. I was unsuccessful and when trying to power on, I got stuck in that black screen reboot where the lights flash and one can't power it off. I noticed the heatsink was getting super hot so I unplugged the battery and reinstalled the fan and heatsink etc incase something had come loose. Same problem so I had to unplug the battery again. Took it to a techshop who tried switching it on, heatsink was warm but no lights turned on this time. They aren't sure what the problem is but suggest a motherboard replacement which I cant afford right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I would be super grateful.

Sounds like you already got a suggestion, if you checked on the system and a computer place checked on the system, then you don't have much options here.