Asus UX305 Win8 Laptop freezes when laptop lid is closed

eeza465

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
I'm having a problem with my new Asus Zenbook UX305. I just got it yesterday and so far I love it. However, when I close the lid it freezes. It does not freeze every single time I close it, but if I leave it closed for awhile it freezes. I currently have it set so that when I close it, it stays on and does nothing. But it also froze when I closed it on the sleep setting. What should I do?

Solution
Hello eeza465

Since it is a new laptop running fresh and newly installed Windows, it is unlikely that there is some misconfiguration or corrupt files. However you can still check if the power plan for your windows is set to Balanced and its settings are set to default.

Here is how:

> Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.

> From the right pane of the Power Options window, click to select the Balanced (recommended) radio button.

> Click the Change plan settings option next to the Balanced (recommended) power plan.

> Click the Restore default settings for this plan option from the next window.

> Once done, close the lid of the laptop for a while, re-open it...
Hello eeza465

Since it is a new laptop running fresh and newly installed Windows, it is unlikely that there is some misconfiguration or corrupt files. However you can still check if the power plan for your windows is set to Balanced and its settings are set to default.

Here is how:

> Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options.

> From the right pane of the Power Options window, click to select the Balanced (recommended) radio button.

> Click the Change plan settings option next to the Balanced (recommended) power plan.

> Click the Restore default settings for this plan option from the next window.

> Once done, close the lid of the laptop for a while, re-open it and check if the issue has been resolved.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution