Solved! Asus UX32L power issues

Aug 26, 2021
I think that this video speaks for it self Video of the issue.
It's not charging when plugged in even when the LED on side is saying otherwise and it does not do anything at all when unplugged.

Any ideas on what could be wrong and if it can be easily fixed ?
Thanks in advance c:

Solution
There is a slight chance your charger is bad. If you can borrow another, that would be an easy test. You can also check the charger output voltage. Likely it is 19.5 VDC but it should say on the charger. This is not a definate test as that is not under load. Better to check the voltage while plugged into the laptop.

Anything else will involve opening up the laptop. You may want to take it to a repair shop. If the charger is operating within spec, the problem is inside the laptop.
Could be several things--some of which are not easy to solve. a few questions:
--What is the make and mode of the laptop?
--Did the problems start suddenly or were there indications prior?
--Has the battery been charging/working OK prior? About how long would the machine run on just battery?
--Are you using the charger that shipped with the laptop?
--Do you own a DC voltmeter?
--If you left it plugged in for several hours, would the power light ever indicate a charged battery?
Please answer all the questions if you want help.

Aug 26, 2021
  1. model is UX32L I don't know what is "make"
  2. there were no indicators. It just happened out of the blue
  3. yes everything was okay before this happened but the laptop was used only only when plugged in. Battery was rarely used for the intended purpose.
  4. yes, the original cable
  5. I should have one but I'm not 100% sure but I can definitely search for DC voltmeter.
  6. no it would not, It's not charging at all, only the LED is glowing but nothing else.
Since this is most likely hardware issue and I don't want to poke much into the insides of this pc I should give it to someone who knows more about HW then me.
At least that is my plan but if there is by any chance a work around I'd like to know.

There is a slight chance your charger is bad. If you can borrow another, that would be an easy test. You can also check the charger output voltage. Likely it is 19.5 VDC but it should say on the charger. This is not a definate test as that is not under load. Better to check the voltage while plugged into the laptop.

Anything else will involve opening up the laptop. You may want to take it to a repair shop. If the charger is operating within spec, the problem is inside the laptop.

Solution