Question Asus UX32VD: fixable or m/b replacement? (photos)

Jun 21, 2020
I done screwed up with the charger.

It stopped charging the laptop. My gf's charger did charge my laptop still but since mine is 3,42A and hers is about 2,5A her charger almost burst in flames every time I borrowed it to charge my Asus.

Instead of checking the charging socket on my laptop (which proved to be half broken but it was too late by the time I confirmed it) or at least buying and trying a new charger I found another adapter with a seemingly similar plug, cut the cords on both, tangled them together (add some duct tape to taste) and stuck this monstrosity into my laptop.

It immediately shut down, I might have mixed the polarity. It then turned back on in 10 minutes or something and worked completely fine. Except it stopped being charged even by the gf's adapter it worked with before. When the battery died the laptop died with it and even the new charger I bought (and tested) didn't charge it.

I disassembled the laptop and found out that this happened (see the photos; the same element - or two sintered together - on all pictures).

Is it fixable or is it motherboard replacement?

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 3
Daslouse Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 7
M Laptop Tech Support 6