Question Asus UX360C randomly shuts off while the power LED is still on

Tigro

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I have an Asus ZenBook UX360C and really like it but recently I've had a problem with it - namely, randomly from time to time (I'd say every few days), it just randomly shuts off, ie. the screen goes black - the power LED (the white one on the left hand side) is still on though. There is no way to bring it back to working state when this happens though and only hard shutdown (holding the power button for a few secs) helps. Then it boots fully normally.

It happens during very light tasks like internet browsing. The laptop is running Windows 10. When it happens, the laptop is sometimes noticeably warm underneath though it is not any kind of uncommon hotness that would be out of place with such type of electronics. What may be the culprit? Where should I start troubleshooting?

Tigro

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Thank you for the reply, don't worry about terminology - kudos to you for trying to help! :) Nope, it does not pixelate or display any artifacts beforehand :( It just goes completely black instantly, even though by the sound of it (and by the looks, ie. the LED white light as if everything was alright) it sounds like everything is running normally :(