Solved! Asus vh242 No sound with hdmi

tony245

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Im not getting any sound through the hdmi input on the vh242 , i plugged in my hdmi cable from my hd6970 gpu to the monitor but no sound , pls help , I went into the sound control panel to try to select hdmi amd that didnt work so idk pls help

Solution
Your Audio Control panel should be set to HDMI AMD. If you changed it from that, set it back. Next make sure that the volume on the monitor is set high enough so you can hear it (on screen display of your monitor).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, change the audio control panel back to your analog output and plug in a 3.5mm stereo cable (speakers) from your PCs onboard sound to the line in on your monitor. See if you can get sound that way.

-Wolf sends
Your Audio Control panel should be set to HDMI AMD. If you changed it from that, set it back. Next make sure that the volume on the monitor is set high enough so you can hear it (on screen display of your monitor).

If that doesn't resolve the issue, change the audio control panel back to your analog output and plug in a 3.5mm stereo cable (speakers) from your PCs onboard sound to the line in on your monitor. See if you can get sound that way.

-Wolf sends

Solution