Info Asus VivoBook S15, Fan running at 100%.

Dec 6, 2021
Starting a couple of days ago my laptop started running the fans at 100% all the time, sounded like someone was running a small vacuum and was very annoying.

I ended doing the following to try and solve the issue:
1. Attempted blowing the fan out.
2. Updated drivers from the Asus website: (https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/)
-Driver package
-Chipset
-Graphics
-Software & Utility

Neither of these worked and I decided to install Open Hardware Monitor, https://openhardwaremonitor.org/
This allowed me to monitor what the actual temp of my CPU was while using it and I found nothing to be out of the normal and my fans were still running at max. I was seeing temps fluctuating between 40-60 degrees. I read some forums stating that windows and the Asus fan controllers may be the cause of the issue but ended up going ahead and pulling the back off the laptop before I was going to go down that path. After removing that back cover I was able to blow out the fan/radiator fins, this allowed me to remove a rather sizeable dust-bunny that was hanging-out in there. I put the back back on and started it up, problem solved, and the fans were running normally. I am unsure if this was just a coincidence or if it was the real problem, but it is now running normally again.

Laptop Specs:

Asus VivoBook X532FAC_S532FA
Bios: X532FAC.304, 12/18/2019
CPU: I7-10510U

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 6
L Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Ravshan Laptop Tech Support 1