Asus Working on Wireless HDMI Streamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
That's pretty sweet, also better for people with multiple tvs and one HD receiver, instead of having three hd receivers just get a receiver and on of these streamers that split into three signals ad send to that room.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I can see using the 1 source 3 output version in my house. One bedroom, office, and bathroom/kitchen all off the cable receiver in say the bedroom (chances of using these 3 TVs separately would be low). Total cost, 3x mediocre TVs $500/pc ($1500), 1 distributor ($1000-$2000), 1 universal remote + hip holster ($300) so $2800-$3800 about. Places to save would be getting cheaper TVs ($200/pc). Keep in mind this is a cheap setup to avoid paying extra for each new receiver from your cable company. With a satellite provider you would see the savings in just over a year. For regular cable it would save you from crawling in your attic running wire. All of this assumes, you really want a TV while you fall asleep, do work, or cook/bath.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
I hate wires and all, but I don't understand all the fuss about wireless hdmi, I mean, the TV is a plant object, it never moves, and there is only one wire coming from each device to the tv, and if your using a receiver, there is usually only 1 (so this would be perfect for that actually)

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I can see using the 1 source 3 output version in my house. One bedroom, office, and bathroom/kitchen all off the cable receiver in say the bedroom (chances of using these 3 TVs separately would be low). Total cost, 3x mediocre TVs $500/pc ($1500), 1 distributor ($1000-$2000), 1 universal remote + hip holster ($300) so $2800-$3800 about. Places to save would be getting cheaper TVs ($200/pc). Keep in mind this is a cheap setup to avoid paying extra for each new receiver from your cable company. With a satellite provider you would see the savings in just over a year. For regular cable it would save you from crawling in your attic running wire. All of this assumes, you really want a TV while you fall asleep, do work, or cook/bath.[/citation]

that is exactly what i said

G

Some people will find this overpriced, but they need to pay people for searching way to do it.I think its a good news. Say to yourself that one day its gonna be a standart, and its coming. Sorry for my bad english:p

horendus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
Iv always to be able to stream HDMI PC video signal from my graphics card to my 46" screen in living room...now i can!!

Now all i need is keyboard mouse and joystick which connects via my router and ill b all sweet !! :D

Until then i can use my iPone to control my PC...using AirMouse which connects via router...

Anyone know of a wireless keyboard mouse setup which will connect to a router instead of a standalone wireless USB dongle?

bublack33

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
This author is probably smarter that me, but he sounds like a complete idiot when he can't even spell "blu-ray" right...but after forcing my self past that little letter that drives me crazy, this would be an awesome addition to my setup as well

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bublack33[/nom]This author is probably smarter that me...[/citation]You should read some of his other articles...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]horendus[/nom]Iv always to be able to stream HDMI PC video signal from my graphics card to my 46" screen in living room...now i can!![/citation]

HTPC, UMPC laptops and some cables for your computer needs, or one central PC, big, maybe noisy or heavy and watercooled, that can do everything, including playing maxed out crysis when needed, and still satisfy mobility needs with wireless 'star trek' computing and quiet living rooms.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Still too costly for most consumers, imo. Most people only only paid slightly more than that for the 1080p widescreen to begin with.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I hope no one is thinking that this streaming of one source to multiple TV's means separate channels to different TV's. You won't be able to watch different TV shows from one HDTV receiver sent to different TV's, for that you would need different receivers, the way the cable companies work it. Since your remote would require line of sight, with the IR remote, you'd have to be in the same room to change the channel of your TV show, or switch from a blu-ray movie to the TV. Even a bluetooth remote wouldn't work over long distances (30'). Having a wireless g/n plug-in for a logitech remote that would work with cable and satellite receivers so you can change channels via your wireless network would make this HMDI streaming work nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.