Asus x200l stuck in restart loop

Sahana_2

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017
My Asus laptop is stuck in restart loop. Once I switch it on, the Asus logo flashes and the laptop restarts. I can open the bios and things seem to be in order. I can't get to safe mode. Please let me know if there is anyway to resolve this without re installing Windows. Thanks in advance

Solution
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here...
Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

willleach

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I managed to fix a similar problem on my ASUS which was stuck at the BIOS screen.

None of the other suggestions worked (about changing BIOS settings or pressing F8 whilst booting) but this did:

Unplug the power and drain the battery fully to 0 charge. (alternatively if you can remove the battery, this should work).

Once its full de-powered, hold down the power button for 30 seconds to flush any staic from the unit. then reconnect the power and try powering up whilst holding F8. I kept holding F8 until windows launched.

Now the unit is back to normal. Hope this helps someone!