I have an ASUS X450J. When i plug in the charger it will turn on. When i unplugged it, it will shut down. Even do there is he writting 72% Avaible (Plugged in, Not charging). Can you tell me a solution for this? i lived at boarding and its ard for me to find solutions.
It seems like a battery problem to me but please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, unplug its AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up and see if it will charge or not.
- Next to try is to reseat the battery cable inside the laptop. Take it off then boot it up without its battery then see if it will boot up normally.
- If it does stay on with just its AC adapter, shut it down then put the battery back in and boot it up then see if it will charge normally.
- If these doesn't work do also uninstall/reinstall "microsoft acpi-compliant system battery" from Device Manager.
- If all these will not work the problem lies in the battery itself.