ASUS X53U Charging Issue

eruptionjoojo

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Hello All,

I have an ASUS x53u Laptop. Since last 2 days the charging indicator LED toggles between the "Charging Mode" and "Off i.e. non-charging/Battery Mode" and like wisely the same is reflected by the operating system , although the charger is all the time connected. The battery is in good condition i.e. gives a Backup of around 3 hrs and as well the charger is good too because if I remove the battery from the Laptop, keeping the AC charger connected the Laptop runs as normal.
So, please could somebody guide me as to what may be causing the issue.

Thanks & regards,
Joojo

eruptionjoojo

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010

Thanks a lot for your reply ..................
but since I have tried to test the power adapter port by removing the battery from the Laptop and then on running the laptop on AC mode i.e. only charger connected and it happens to run as normal, no issues. So, I think the port is in good condition otherwise the laptop would just shutdown because of no power.

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Oops ! Sorry, missed that point.
The adapter port is not the problem then. There maybe 3 possibilities in that case
1. The battery ports are malfunctioning, clean it up (both on the laptop and on the battery) and see if it helps.
2. Update the BIOS, have seen some rare cases where BIOS is the culprit.
3. This is the most dreaded fault, a fault in the mobo. That maybe the reason the battery is not getting consistent power. in this case, take it to a service center.

eruptionjoojo

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010

Thanks again for your prompt reply ........... really appreciate it .......
i'm just gonna try all the possible solutions i.e. cleaning the ports etc. and see if it works ...... otherwise I would have no option but to take it to a service center and shell out some money because unfortunately the lappy is "out of warranty"

eruptionjoojo

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010

The Laptop is around 2 and 1/2 yrs old, but still manages a battery backup of around 3 hrs or so. So, I don't think that the battery is dead .......... anyhow thanks for your reply.