ASUS X550DP Battery Led Light Blinking

Josiah Fagaragan

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Hi Forums,

I upgrade my 4GB memory to 8GB (kingston) for snappier response and productivity. As I put everything back I notice that my battery is not responding as I turn it on - without the AC power cord. I put the power cord and it lit as orange meaning it's charging. Around 3-5 mins its started to blink, I also boot my windows and it does not detect my battery. What would be the possible solution for this? My laptop is only 2 years old and I assume the battery can last for about another year or two. These are my hypothesis for this problem:

1. Battery is dead and needs to replace.
2. Re seating the memory (according to ASUS Service Center)

Do note that I also do the 'battery reset' trick on which you have to press the power button for about 7-10 seconds, the blinking never stops. Hope that you can help me out on this.

Hi,

There are very limited troubleshooting step that you can do when it comes with that kind of issue.
- One troubleshooting step you can try is to uninstall/reinstall "Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- Uninstall that driver and reboot your laptop, that should reinstall the driver.
- Test if you're laptop would be detected or not.
- If that will not work, remove the battery off the laptop and turn it off. Plug just the AC adapter and boot it up, once the laptop is fully booted put the battery back in and see if it will be detected.
- If all these will not work the only solution would be to replace the battery itself.