Asus X550dp battery problem

Teeszenyew

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Few days ago ,my laptop battery suddenly stop charging after i setting some power saving settings , i cant start my laptop now without connecting my charger. The battery icon show 0% pluged in , not charging .
and my battery LED indicator show orange green orange then turn off every 30 seconds. Please help ,

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again with the battery.
-If the same problem will persist do remove the battery off the laptop then see if it will boot up with no problem with just the AC adapter connected.
- If it will stay on that could mean that there's a problem with the battery already.
- But if the laptop will shut down with just the AC adapter connected that could mean that the problem is the motherboard but please do try a different AC adapter first and see if the same problem will persist just to be sure.
- Next to try is to uninstall/reinstall the "microsoft acpi-compliant battery control method" from Device Manager.
- If the same problem will persist after all these steps, the problem lies in the battery itself and replacing it would be the solution.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Teeszenyew : "Asus x550dp battery problem"

Teeszenyew

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Yes , i did remove the battery because if i dint , the laptop goes hibernet every 30 seconds .The laptop works fine with no battery only AC adapter. my warranty period is over

TRENDING THREADS