asus x550ze dimmed display problem

Jimsony

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
i have asus x550ze laptop and after upgrading my ram to 12gb my display got dimmed almost black screen and i cant clearly seen it. i tried inserting vga cable to another monitor and its working properly. can i ask what is the problem and what should i do. i already have no warranty on my laptop. please help tnx

Hi,

Start by removing the added RAM and see if the same problem will persist. If the display is normal using an external monitor that means your graphics card is working properly. This issue may fall on to a hardware issue, the display itself to be exact. If the same problem will persist after removing the added RAM you may need to open the laptop and check the connection of the display to the motherboard. You can reseat the cable that runs to the motherboard from the display. If the same problem will persist the only solution would be replacing the display itself.

Jimsony

Estimable
Dec 3, 2015
hi thank you for your response! I already tried to remove my added ram but still the display is dimmed,. i also tried re-inserting the cable connecting to the monitor but it doesn't work either,. i tried inserting other working monitor but it seemed that the monitor is not the problem,. could it be the motherboard itself is the problem? thanks your response is much appreciated!