ASUS X550ZE not booting

Space_warf

Estimable
Sep 16, 2015
Hey!

I recently bought this laptop (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232237&cm_re=x550ze-_-34-232-237-_-Product) and received it earlier tonight. Unfortunately it does not boot at all. I've been charging the battery for about 2h-2h30 now and the only thing that happens when I press the power button is the LEDs on the front light up for a second or so. Sometimes, they light up for quite some time before closing again and I've even seen the ASUS logo appear on screen once. But that's all. I've tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds but it does nothing.

Hopefully someone here knows what's going on. Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

First try doing a hard reset with it, remove the battery and the charger then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug just the charger back in and power it on, once it's on you can just plug the battery back in as well and see if it goes to the Out of the Box Experience of ASUS. If it still won't power on I suggest to contact the manufacturer and have it replaced right away.
Hi,

First try doing a hard reset with it, remove the battery and the charger then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug just the charger back in and power it on, once it's on you can just plug the battery back in as well and see if it goes to the Out of the Box Experience of ASUS. If it still won't power on I suggest to contact the manufacturer and have it replaced right away.

Solution