Asus x551m not turning on

Jess_14

Prominent
Mar 6, 2017
I have an Asus x551m and I'm having the same issue. The power button flashes then I hear a beep but the screen doesn't turn on. I've taken the battery out held down the power button then tried plugging the power cord in (with the battery still out) then held the power button down for 30 secs and when I let go the power button still flashes and I hear a sound followed by a beep. The sound appears to be coming from the disc drive is what I'm guessing. I hear a sound like it's trying to work but then I hear the beep. Please help.

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.
Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Solution