Solved! Asus x555b Laptop screen off when unplugged

Oct 5, 2021
Hello,
I'm new to the blog so hope not to have posted somewhere wrong.
When my Asus X555B Is not plugged to the charger the screen turns down, despite the PC continuing to work properly. The peculiar thing Is the same thing happens when in the BIOS so I Imagine doesnt have to do with drivers/settings of Windows 10, anyway I tried changing power settings/display brightness etc and nothing changes. I tried to remove the battery at least to read the model in order to buy a new one but it seems glued and couldn't take it out. however I managed to slightly lift it just enough (I think) to disconnect it and tried that thing keeping the
power button pressed for a minute... Nothing changed. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Solution
Your laptop came out in 2017, according to a Bing search of it, so it wouldn't be in warranty unless you have a very long-term plan. Hopefully one of these suggestions will work:
Check if this happens with an external monitor.
Check your settings for how long before the screen turns off on battery.
Check the screen when it goes blank- does it show faint signs of what is being displayed? (Meaning is it just the backlight or the whole display?)
Try booting in Safe Mode.
Probably not related but try resetting the CMOS battery.
If you have a dedicated GPU, try with the integrated one.

mrmike16

Honorable
Your laptop came out in 2017, according to a Bing search of it, so it wouldn't be in warranty unless you have a very long-term plan. Hopefully one of these suggestions will work:
Check if this happens with an external monitor.
Check your settings for how long before the screen turns off on battery.
Check the screen when it goes blank- does it show faint signs of what is being displayed? (Meaning is it just the backlight or the whole display?)
Try booting in Safe Mode.
Probably not related but try resetting the CMOS battery.
If you have a dedicated GPU, try with the integrated one.

Reactions: encelado
Solution