ASUS X555BA-DM079D extremely slow

EternalHS

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Hi all,

I didn't know where to ask this so I went here. I've just bought ASUS X555BA-DM079D, installed win 10 on it, installed all the drivers that came on the CD which came with the laptop but it is still extremely slow when it comes to anything to do with graphics. For example, if I play a random youtube video and I press fullscreen the entire screen will freeze for 5 seconds, the audio will continue, and then the picture will catch up. I don't believe that this is normal and it seems to be a graphics problem.

My specs are the following:

ASUS X555BA-DM079D
DualCore A9 9100
8GB RAM
Radeon R5 (don't know which one, never bought a laptop before)

Ty all in advance for your help :)

Solution
go to settings, click on display adapter, see what is going on there. update drivers etc. Then go to settings click on power, go to right of screen click on additional power settings, enable high performance if it allows. Also go to tools in Internet explorer, go to advanced, at top make sure video is gpu enabled. You also may want to try a drive cleaner, cc cleaner is free and works very well for cleaning up junk on disk. I use it every day. Keeps disc fast.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
go to settings, click on display adapter, see what is going on there. update drivers etc. Then go to settings click on power, go to right of screen click on additional power settings, enable high performance if it allows. Also go to tools in Internet explorer, go to advanced, at top make sure video is gpu enabled. You also may want to try a drive cleaner, cc cleaner is free and works very well for cleaning up junk on disk. I use it every day. Keeps disc fast.

Solution