Asus X555L laptop won't start

Quent1nn

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Hi

I was in middle of browsing Internet when suddenly my laptop died. It turned off, just like that. Black screen.
I tried to start it but nothing happens. The LED indicating that it's charging is on, but even if I take off the charger it still shows the light.

I tried to hold the power button for 60 seconds, with and without charger but nothing happens.

Before any of you suggest removing battery, no can do. This ASUS X555L has a battery that cannot be removed. I just hope there's a reset button or something but couldn't find it

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps I suggested to others who had the same problem.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work then the problem is with the motherboard.