ASUS X555LB windows 7 drivers

guardian14

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hello,
I just bought that laptop with free dos. After installing windows 7 i try to find the drivers but in asus website, for the specific laptop i can only find win 8.1 and win 10 drivers. I manage to install some drivers, but the when i try to install the usb drivers i get a message that the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing that software.
Anyone got any idea what i have to do?
thnks

You have to wipe Windows 7 off the hard drive, then install a version of Windows which Asus has drivers for (ie Windows 8.1 or Windows 10).

You should always check what drivers the manufacturer has released before installing an OS,
especially on a laptop. Whilst you say most drivers are working, there will always be at least one device which will not work with drivers designed for a different Windows version.

If you look in Device manager you'll probably find a few other driver errors even though they appear to have installed properly. You need to install the Windows version that the Asus drivers were designed for.

guardian14

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
First of all thanks for answering.
I manage to install all the other drivers and they all work properly. I only cant install the usb drivers. At asus website you cant find any usb drivers even for win 10 or win 8.1. How is that possible. How can the not have usb drivers for this laptop? Is there any other way i can get the usb drivers? I try the search option in device manager but it cant find anything.
I cant do the format and installing a different OS option right now.
Thnks again

USB drivers are supplied by Microsoft, they are built in to all versions of Windows from XP and up, that's why manufacturer doesn't supply USB drivers, it doesn't need to. They are built in to Windows.

The only exception is if your laptop has USB 3.0 ports (which Windows 7 & earlier doesn't support) then the manufacturer supplies drivers specifically for USB 3.0 only.

Going back to your first post, you said "but when i try to install the usb drivers".

Now how can you have tried to install USB drivers if ASUS don't have any?

guardian14

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

ASUS doesn't have either usb 2.0 nor usb 3.0 drivers for that model.
I try to install usb 3.0 drivers for a different model and i think that's the reason i get the message i said in the first post.

"ASUS doesn't have either usb 2.0 nor usb 3.0 for that model"

I wouldn't expect them to have. As I said, USB 2.0 drivers are built in to all versions of Windows, and USB 3.0 drivers are built in to Windows 8.1, & Windows 10 (which are the only two Windows versions that Asus supports on your particular model).

That takes me back to my original advice: You need to install Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. If that's "out of the question" then I see no point in pursuing this conversation.