I am working on an ASUS X55U. The laptop is running Windoes 8 (yuck). When I power on the laptop it turns on and goes into BIOS without me pushing a single key. When I save and exit BIOS it sits for about 20 seconds and opens BIOS again. Inside the BIOS SATA Configuration it shows the Hard Drive at SATA Port 0 and the CDROM at SATA Port 1. Any advice to fix this would be great. I do not need to recover any files on the drive. I have tried booting the only dvd I have which is Win 7.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to press F9 to set the defaults of BIOS then press F10 to save and exit.
- If it will still load in BIOS after the reboot, do check the Boot Priorities and make sure that the HDD is set as the 1st boot device.
- If it will still get stuck on the BIOS screen, turn the laptop off completely then remove the HDD and power it on again and see if it will still load into BIOS or not.
- And if it will get pass BIOS without the HDD connected then the problem may lie with the HDD.
- But if the laptop will still load into BIOS without the HDD that could mean that the problem is the motherboard.
- Do also make sure that there's no disc inside the DVD driver and unplug other device from the laptop.