AT&T Announces $39 Billlion Purchase of T-Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Well, if this goes down, I'm probably safe from Price hikes w/my new 2 year contract when I bought my G2-Google HTC w/Unlimited data.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
oh yeah!!!!

lets make the most crooked, back stabbing, bandwidth capping, fee charing, POS carrier out there even bigger!!!!

Nothing beats an ATT and Verizon duopoly!!!!!!

And there is no doubt that this will be allowed by our government and regulatory agencies since they are all crooked bastards and will likely be getting tidy "donations" for their support.

thegamersblog

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
They can afford a 39 billion dollar acquisition but can't spend a few billion to upgrade their network infrastructure to support greater bandwidth... fail... i hope this company burns in hell. I can't believe i bought their uverse package.

deerhound

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
This is not good news. I have always liked T-Mobile and do not look forward to AT&T, the Comcast of cell phones.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
All the money they made through their iPhone exclusivity deal with Apple basically paid for this deal.

Say what you want about AT&T, they're not stupid.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thegamersblog[/nom]They can afford a 39 billion dollar acquisition but can't spend a few billion to upgrade their network infrastructure to support greater bandwidth... fail... i hope this company burns in hell. I can't believe i bought their uverse package.[/citation]
My thoughts exactly....if they have had this much cash lying around who the hell are they to keep capping plans and raising prices?

Just a crooked as the US oil companies....charge record high gas prices....and then record record high profits (meaning their cost did not change at all!)

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
YAAAYYYY everyone welcome to a world of duopoly and neverending high prices!!!!
I really hope sooner or later gov will break all these huge companies apart into smaller more managable and customer oriented ones like they did with the baby bells back in the day. It looks like it took ATT deathstart around 30 years to melt itself together like that evil terminator once again.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]My thoughts exactly....if they have had this much cash lying around who the hell are they to keep capping plans and raising prices?Just a crooked as the US oil companies....charge record high gas prices....and then record record high profits (meaning their cost did not change at all!)[/citation]

Thats how the u.s. as a whole works, end of story. BLEH TO THE U.S.A. policies n government n stuff...

skibby

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Down goes another independent, free-thinking, trailblazing telecom. Competition giving way yet again to monopolists ...this can't be good. Didn't AT&T learn their lesson back in the 80's when they were forced to break up?

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
If you don't like ATT or Verizon there are still several other options. I personally don't like ATT but I've had Verizon for years and just accepted the monthly price for a signal wherever I go. And to complain about the American government is obserd. Is it their fault that a company made so much money so that they can aquire another large telecom company? No. If you don't like the way the government handles things then change that with your vote. Although, the current president ran on the platform of "Change"... apparently nothing is changing? Shocking!

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jasonh8806[/nom]If you don't like ATT or Verizon there are still several other options. I personally don't like ATT but I've had Verizon for years and just accepted the monthly price for a signal wherever I go. And to complain about the American government is obserd. Is it their fault that a company made so much money so that they can aquire another large telecom company? No. If you don't like the way the government handles things then change that with your vote. Although, the current president ran on the platform of "Change"... apparently nothing is changing? Shocking![/citation]

"Change" is about all I have left in my pocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.