AT&T, Apple Randomly Canceling iPhone 4 Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I preordered my iPhone at 5:30 eastern time on the 15th.and got through after a couple of times. I received the confirmation email about 3 hours later. I received an email on Sunday the 20th stating it was shipped from Hong Kong via FedEx and would be here on the 24th or sooner.

fusion_gtx

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I understand that with the breakdown in the system mistakes were made and phones were ordered that didn't exist. It could have happened to any company (the fact that it was Apple/AT&T does make me giggle a little) but if they go and cancel a phone then the people should be getting a full refund plus the 2 year renewal should be canceled until the new phone is actually available.

glock19er

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I preordered my iPhone at 5:30 eastern time on the 15th.and got through after a couple of times. I received the confirmation email about 3 hours later. I received an email on Sunday the 20th stating it was shipped from Hong Kong via FedEx and would be here on the 24th or sooner.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
"...but this is a SERIOUS fuckup on AT&T's end..."
so f-word is fine in article but not in comment/replies.

On other note, AT&T is basically just a general f-up.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]so f-word is fine in article but not in comment/replies.[/citation]

They were quoting another source, but expect an article update that partially hides the text especially now that you pointed it out.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I don't see why people even bother with AT&T. Evo blows Iphone out of the water (just about any droid does) for the same price, and both sprint, and verizon data/talk services are superior to AT&T. Who the hell would want to own an apple product anyway?

Zunes and Droids ftw imo.

G

its b/c they used a debt card! the system did not tell them they could not and well they cant use a debt card to order....i work for at&t and thats what the problem was for some of our customers

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I don't get it. Why such desperation for a what is just a glorified phone. I had the option to update with my old 3G but I no longer want anything to do with AT&T or Apple. The 3G didn't make my life any better and may have made it worse with sketchy service and overpriced bills. You desperate iphone people need to get real.

proletarian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]I don't get it. Why such desperation for a what is just a glorified phone. I had the option to update with my old 3G but I no longer want anything to do with AT&T or Apple. The 3G didn't make my life any better and may have made it worse with sketchy service and overpriced bills. You desperate iphone people need to get real.[/citation]

have THAT PC Brigate!!!!!111!!111!!!11!!1oneone!

*Post edited by moderator* Cool it on the language.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
As Lex & Terry put it best...

"the iphone is that "hot chick" that cheats on you repeatedly with your friends... but yet, you still crawl back to her looking for affection and denying her wrong doing."

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Apples is full of douchebags, but worse of all are the people who are selling their children to make sure they get the IPHONE.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Could careless. When this thing can wake up and go to work for me is when i'll buy one. Hell, i will camp out for one at that point.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
no matter what happened,there still have tons of ppl willing to pay overprice phone or computers from Apple, or else they wont have a big fancy shop with only little products and tons of worker inside.
I wonder how much they getting paid hourly ~ 50bucks ?! haha

G

The folks at Apple ought to give a call to any local gas station attendant who knows a think or two about inventory management.

Oh, and selling something for cash that you do not have is fraud. Even if you return the money, you are liable for replacement costs. Someone should buy an iPhone for $5000 on ebay and sue Apple/ATT for the difference (plus attorneys fees).

I would do it myself, but then I would be stuck with an obsolete phone with inferior service..

Status
Not open for further replies.