AT&T CEO 'Regrets' Offering Unlimited Data with iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
Basically he is saying "If we have unlimited data, I will get a less fat check. I'm greedy, so let's not give the consumers any savings." Blah blah blah. I understand not giving unlimited to a degree, but 50 dollars for 5GB is outrageous.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
These companies are lying through their teeth. All complaining about how much data we use, while requiring a data plan with each phone purchase. Verizon is even rolling out home internet service on their 4g network. While complaining they just don't have the bandwidth to keep up.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Here's a tip for AT&T and every other network and ISP - in five years you're going to need 20 times more bandwidth than you're using now. Might as well start investing in it.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Right... When will AT&T quit feeding typical average joe's such lies? Technology gets cheaper over time and how long did they have "wifi" and "internet" technology for? Theres even more people using it now than ever therefore more cash are rolling into their pockets. Quit being lazy and crying at same time. AT&T, it is time to build more infrastructure instead of trying to find excuses to ripp people off. Of course, AT&T or Verizon or Sprint doesn't interest me no more anyways.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
"And it's a variable cost model. Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to invest capital."

This is at the very least misleading, to the point of being borderline false.

wopr11

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
"Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to invest capital."

A statement as false as a $3 bill. What he meant to say was:

"Every additional megabyte you use in this network, I have to make sure I drain your wallet in every way I can."

stormblade42

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Randall, you D-bag SOB... Don't stand there and tell me that network bandwidth is a headache investment. Yeah sure you answer to the greedy shareholders who put profit over God, fellow man, and country, but investing in a decent infrastructure in the first place would ultimately lead to better profits in the long run because you could lower your pricing and force hardship on your competitors.

Instead you choose to rinse every last dime from your "customers" now while offering a crappy network, while at the same time brainwashing the media so much that they now write "networks are under more strain than ever" without so much as questioning it.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I couldn't care less about what this stuck-up douche LIKES. You wanna play service provider then you learn to give your customers what they WANT or you go home! Hate Apple all you want but Jobs did the world a big favor by putting the spotlight on mobile data, or as this douche claims, his incompetence at providing enough of it.

G

This looks promising: http://republicwireless.com/ We have wireless networks everywhere and we have high levels of bandwidth with within our very homes. It's ridiculous that we're paying $10/GB on phones when we can achieve much lower $/GB with internet providers. If consumers are self invested on infrastructure within their homes and work why not take the load of your towers by allowing users native functioning of every part of the phone on a wireless a/b/g/n/ac network.

G

The links stopped working it looks like republicwireless-com

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
[citation][nom]jasonpwns[/nom]Basically he is saying "If we have unlimited data, I will get a less fat check. I'm greedy, so let's not give the consumers any savings." Blah blah blah. I understand not giving unlimited to a degree, but 50 dollars for 5GB is outrageous.[/citation]

Move to Canada, my 500mb plan is $50, and that's the standard rate across all 3 of our providers.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Heh. Makes me think of the time Orange offered me free internet with a download cap of 500MB which I passed up because Asda had £0.05 cheaper texts :p

Plasmid

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
[citation][nom]trapper[/nom]Move to Canada, my 500mb plan is $50, and that's the standard rate across all 3 of our providers.[/citation]

The prices are high as they are because people are willing to pay. On a side note, you got free health care. Try paying medical insurance in like us Americans and you'll shit bricks lol.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Well, it isn't really free since it is paid for by taxes. Do you prefer the Gov't taking your money to give you healthcare, or you having the choice to buy or not buy health insurance?

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]Well, it isn't really free since it is paid for by taxes. Do you prefer the Gov't taking your money to give you healthcare, or you having the choice to buy or not buy health insurance?[/citation]

Id rather not to choose between certain options when it come to health. Id rather have my health all paid for than worrying about insurance not delivering the way they are supposed to. I got shafted by Mediacare. I had a option of paying nearly 300 $ just to get my bad tooth out or take a chance and pay half... hopefully my insurance comes through. Im good Im keeping my bad tooth till the day I faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.