AT&T Halts iPhone 4 Orders as eBay Prices Hit $5K

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
WTF is the world coming to? Who can't wait a week for a god damn phone? Let alone the outdated and underwhelming iPhone!

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Buy it now price means nothing. I could put a turd on ebay and put buy it now for 1,000,000. It doesn't mean people will pay that much.

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
you would be surprised!!...lol

[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]Buy it now price means nothing. I could put a turd on ebay and put buy it now for 1,000,000. It doesn't mean people will pay that much.[/citation]

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
ordered my 16gb iPhone 4 for the suggested retail price of $200 through our company's at&t rep (were on a business account so i had to). i agree with everyone (for once) that if you can't wait 3 weeks and you'd drop $5,000 on a phone then you sir are a retard.

G

I went by the apple store to pre-order for my boss and they said they had only 15-20 ppl pre-orders at that store and that the Sprint store, next to their store, has been sold out of Evo's since they launched. I expect the Iphone to be sold out when it launches but here in Austin,TX where ATT service is the worst, nobody really is too happy about the phone not going to other carriers.

Sprint is King in Texas for the most part. Add 4g and it's uncontested. -Yes I'm an Evo 4G owner

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Just FYI, my observation on the "buy it now" is more about the article. It wouldn't surprize me what price apple fanboys will pay for the new device. I know people who are so stupid, that when the prices on certain things go through the roof because of demand, they will buy it (even if they didn't want it in the first place) just so they could say they paid xxxx amount for something.

Maybe you could get more on ebay if you offer to dress up as santa clause, come to their house, and come down the chimney with the Iphone in hand...LOL.

Also, I am sure it will only be a matter of time after they are available before someone makes a video of them smashing an IPhone 4.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Buy it early, but still wait for that person to acquire and ship the phone to you meaning an even longer wait. Pretty idiotic.

Ebay will likely require the phone with original receipt pictured as they did for console sales when they were out of stock.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]WTF is the world coming to? Who can't wait a week for a god damn phone? Let alone the outdated and underwhelming iPhone![/citation]
Agree on WTF is the world coming to. But the iPhone4 is hardly outdated and underwhelming. It is by far the most advanced phone in the world today. Too bad about being stuck with AT&T here in the US though. And anyhow, what do you care? This all doesn't affect you in the slightest if you don't want one. This is Capitalism at work - people paying the price they're willing to pay for goods and/or services.

G

I called our AT&T small biz rep first thing in the morning on Tuesday and was able to order 5 16gb models. Rep said the computer system was running like molasses but the order eventually went through.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
Neither...I'd rather wait and get an unlocked one from elsewhere...it's more expensive, but I can take it on my travels much more easily...thank you consumer laws in Britain (and for that matter Canada and France) that limit the amount of time a company can be an exclusive carrier...

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I got in a pre-order, I think, on Tuesday morning. At least I have a receipt from the store. However the low rent employee fubarred my order and I might have gotten pushed back with the orders from 2 days later. Only time will tell I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.