AT&T Intros Data Plans With Higher Limits, Higher Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Dropping these turds anyways, every month it gets harder and harder to get a signal at my house. What used to be five bars is now one and only if I'm in a couple spots. I get lame excuses, we are testing and upgrading services, "FOR TWO YEARS???" The more I see of this corporate abuse of people the more I wish I had a small atomic device.....

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
looks like they're keeping the same 10 dollars/GB price. If that's so, then customers may be better off if they purchase the minimum data plan, as they're less likely to go over that every month, and just pay an extra GB worth of data once in a while, as opposed to paying for a big data plan every month and not using the full extent of it all the time.
It's a rip-off because they price the data ridiculously high, but every other wireless provider does the same. This is what lack of competition/price fixing/market fixing brings.
Instead of preventing this price-gouging, Congress is busy trying to censor the internet. I feel like I want to move out of here.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I used to think they had better data plans in the USA, versus here in Canada. Now it doesn't seem to be the case.. I have 6GB per month (4G) for my Galaxy SII for $30.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
What happened to the AT&T "Death Star" logo that normally went with articles like this?

As for the price, I'm unsurprised; greed to milk customers for all they can knows no bounds. A shame that people keep going for these, when there are plenty of options that offer unlimited data for less; coincidentally, that's pretty much every single major competitor to the big two.

G

This is like raising the ceiling in a room I couldn't fill up anyway - without my requesting it - and charging me for it. It's a blatant attempt to increase profits by $5 per however many millions of users per month and hoping to console us by giving us data room we won't use.

ATT Big Whigs: "Alright guys, Plan A. - we buy off political players and monopolize via buying out our #3 competitor.....rats, that didn't work....eff it let's just gouge the customers that haven't left us yet for better service or unlimited rate plans..... muah ahahahah!"

They realized people weren't going over their rate plans where they made HUGE profits in overage charges, so they filled that gap in profitability with this genius move. I'm going to Verizon.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
ROFL, I will NEVER get a phone that requires a year long "contract".... Thats the part that fries yo ass after you have taken the bait....

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
12 months left in my family cell phone contract.
Next January I will probably give up the data phone. Tired of feeling ripped off.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
anyone state side, how much do you pay for data? how much data?

every time i have checked all i see is family plans with 4 lines that cost about the same. almost like they call each other and coordinate. ummmm

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I wonder if I created an app where you could remote in from you laptop to you phone over the wifi or USB and download boocoo crap using the phone browser. Would that be considered tethering?

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Wow what a deal AT$T! Thanks so much for providing me with $10/GB when the real cost to you is what couple of cents if not fractions per GB? So generous you are!...I guess thanks for at least giving a "choice", even though it isn't much of one.

anonymous32111

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I wonder if I created an app where you could remote in from you laptop to you phone over the wifi or USB and download boocoo crap using the phone browser. Would that be considered tethering?[/citation]

If something like that were to happen, and you were just downloading info off your on LAN, AT&T would still probably find a way to disable the service and charge you for it, because they are bastards.

Want to buy a smartphone from AT&T? Nope, we cant sell you one, unless you're paying for a data plan. That is how much a piece of shit AT&T is.

lassik

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
I'm over in the UK but those prices look extortionate in the US.

I pay £5 a month ($8) for 500mb, and pretty much every network over here does the same deal.
I'm sure some even do unlimited data for £5..

george21546

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Keep on using your wireless devices and paying those fees. Their stock paid 5.9% dividend last year and I own a lot of it. Verizon paid a little less have some of that also.

rickydang

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
I used to think the US would have lots of kick ass plans over us here in Canada. Not so much anymore. I am with WindMobile getting "unlimited" data, but there is a real limit of 10GB. After the 10GB, the speed gets chopped by half but still gets unlimited data. All that for $35 including unlimited data, voice and text as long as I am in their coverage zone. Plus we have discounts of $5 off per phone if we have multiple users under one account. So really I'm only paying $30/month.

Status
Not open for further replies.