AT&T: iPhone MMS & Tethering Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

erigolhuhu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
In the meantime, iPhone and iPod Touch owners should check out the new release of The Sims 3, and watch how it magically consumes large amounts of battery juice. Impressive!

What is the problem in that? I can just insert one of my extra batteries! Oh wait, I can't !!!

While consumers may be disappointed that MMS and tethering services won't be available at the time of launch

I wonder why only really expensive and top of line cell phones support MMS and tethering ... Oh , wait once again, even some 50 Dollars phones support it ...

Bahhh ... I-Phone just sucks!

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I love the iphone haters, yea, it doesn't have some features (which is will get eventually) but it has a million more things going for it. The iphone is the best phone ever.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
How good is a million dollar sports car without a gas pedal?

It's not that the iphone isn't a competitive product on the marketplace which bothers people, but that it still lacks fundamental features people have been using for the better part of a decade or longer.

The fact that they want to charge extra for tethering makes me just a little sick. I'll stick to my 8525 for now.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Whats with the Iphone haters? try one... get a loaner phone for a week or something and see if you still don't like it.

It is the best phone because it is also a toy...

Yah.. i needed MMS maybe 3 times?
yah... i needed cut paste prolly 10 times.
Always missed the video.
But thats it, big woop... the 23478324978236 APPS make up for this.

erigolhuhu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
The I-Phone lovers are right ... those "defects" are only minor issues ... no big deal ...

Actualy, I think that everyone should stop buying I-Phones and only buy I-Pod touch from now on ...

Oh, It doesn't make phone calls?!?!?! I am pretty sure it is also a minor issue ... the other 389238187319 APPS make up for this!

nictron

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
As an iPhone user I really like the phone but I also scoff at Apple when they call new features innovation.

But then that is why I have no doubt that all marketing people are going straight to HELL! Yes straight!

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Hi and welcome to this weeks edition of Apple News.

Today, Steve Jobs announced that the iPhone will get an update next month. The update will allow the user to make phone calls. "We are an innovative company, and therefore, we bring the latest technology to our users to make their lives simpler. Now you can call your friends from Starbucks, wherever you are.", Steve said at the press conference.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
and watch how it magically consumes large amounts of battery juice. Impressive!
Thats not the only ap that does and some keep on consuming even after you have moved on to another app. :/

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
What a bunch of dildos... AT&T that is. See that? It's the ball you dropped.
New hardware rolls out, to which you have exclusive distribution rights, and
your infrastructure doesn't even support it.

*shakes head*

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I had a phone for over a year running windows mobile and the iphone OS is a million times better, I even tried out mobile 6, its just very clumsy and runs poorly.

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
whats copy and paste? is that a new feature? wow apple surprises me every time with these.....wierd terms, like landscape keyboard?!??! bluetooth?? i thought that was when a child eats blue paint, now its on the iPhone?!?!?!?!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Whats with the Iphone haters? try one... get a loaner phone for a week or something and see if you still don't like it.It is the best phone because it is also a toy... Yah.. i needed MMS maybe 3 times? yah... i needed cut paste prolly 10 times. Always missed the video. But thats it, big woop... the 23478324978236 APPS make up for this.[/citation]

I've been using the beta since it was launched and I've sent over 500 MMS in that period. I use copy and paste every single day, very very often. Still no video.

The problem is that Apple thinks we don't need or want these features. I had a cell phone 6 years ago that was one of the first phones to have a screen on the front... and it was a black and white screen! Guess what that phone did??? Sent MMS, recorded video, voice dialed, and more. People wouldn't be so pissed if Apple stopped being such douches about delivering widely available technology to their customers. Palm Pre comes with FREE GPS but Apple announces at the WWDC that TomTom is creating a GPS application that I get to shell out probably $5 a month for which just further increases the cost/month parity between the iPhone and the competition. Downright shameful.

The iPhone could very easily be the best phone but the people who designed the phone and write the software are making sure that it can't be classified that way.

And by the way there are only 50,000 apps and about 90% of them are absolute crap apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.