AT&T Launches Its First 4G Tablet - HTC Jetstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
No tablet is worth anywhere near that much. Aside from appleslaves who will buy anything with an apple logo on it without looking at the price tag, tablets are never going to become mainstream costing as much as they do, and they shouldn't cost nearly so much seeing as how they are mostly just giant cellphones.

Call me when I can buy a tablet for a hundred bucks - I'm still waiting to hear back from HP.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Android tablets are already having issues selling at $500, much less $700. I fear only Apple can charge such a premium for a tablet.[/citation]

im thankfully only apple can.

when everyone else comes to their senses, maybe than we can see the 300$ compediters to apple.

[citation][nom]Thunderfox[/nom]No tablet is worth anywhere near that much. Aside from appleslaves who will buy anything with an apple logo on it without looking at the price tag, tablets are never going to become mainstream costing as much as they do, and they shouldn't cost nearly so much seeing as how they are mostly just giant cellphones. Call me when I can buy a tablet for a hundred bucks - I'm still waiting to hear back from HP.[/citation]

id say a low end, 100$ that is meh
mid range, 200$
higher end, powerfull as ipad, 300$

and once windows 8 comes out there may be a market for the high high end, a 600-1000$ tablet that isn't overpriced.

G

Now I think it is over priced, but when compared to it's "equal" the iPad 2 32GB with whichever carriers 3G it is more than a fair price for equipment.

32GB on board memory with up to 32GB more via MicroSDHC, dual core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB Ram and a gorgeous screen. The iPad2 32 rings up for $829, and the Jetstream for $849 not on contract, and is capable of LTE and HSPA+

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]DreGun[/nom]Now I think it is over priced, but when compared to it's "equal" the iPad 2 32GB with whichever carriers 3G it is more than a fair price for equipment.32GB on board memory with up to 32GB more via MicroSDHC, dual core 1.5GHz processor, 1GB Ram and a gorgeous screen. The iPad2 32 rings up for $829, and the Jetstream for $849 not on contract, and is capable of LTE and HSPA+[/citation]

if i can use microsdhd, than why bother with more than 1gb of onboard? id want onboard to cary os only, and ill get a 20-50$ micro sdhd

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
The pricing is outrageous. People making tablets should understand that those purchasing a tablet other than the iPad are likely tech-smarter and that they will only pay at most about $350 for the device. Things they are likely to want in such a device are:

High connectivity (USB port, SD port, docking port, etc ...
User exchangeable battery.
User memory upgrade possibility.

Using the outrageous pricing model of Apple assumes that your customer base is as
tech-dumb as the Apple fanboys. If they are that dumb, they will buy an Apple, not an Android tablet priced exorbitantly.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]The pricing is outrageous. People making tablets should understand that those purchasing a tablet other than the iPad are likely tech-smarter and that they will only pay at most about $350 for the device. Things they are likely to want in such a device are:High connectivity (USB port, SD port, docking port, etc ...User exchangeable battery.User memory upgrade possibility.Using the outrageous pricing model of Apple assumes that your customer base is astech-dumb as the Apple fanboys. If they are that dumb, they will buy an Apple, not an Android tablet priced exorbitantly.[/citation]

this is a question, as i dont know, but is memory on a tablet soldered into the main board, and what would the bennifit of having 1gb over, lets say 512 be on the tablet side? on the pc i am running 16 different programs right now, but tablet, its far far more limited than what i do on the pc.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
$700 is just far too much for a tablet, especially after a 2 year agreement. I expect to see some heavy discounts after release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS