AT&T Launches VoIP App for Cheap International Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I really don't see the use of this. There are plenty of free applications that let you talk to your friends and family from overseas.. why would I pay and waste my minutes?

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]I really don't see the use of this. There are plenty of free applications that let you talk to your friends and family from overseas.. why would I pay and waste my minutes?[/citation]

Calling to a phone is not free. It still needs money to do overseas calls. But 21c/min is expensive. I think google voice is less expensive.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]Skype to a phone line for 15.2 cents per minute... or just skype for free. Either way Skype is a better deal.[/citation]

The 15.2 cents per minutes represents the cost of calling a phone in the USA from an internet connection outside of the country (such as Central America). Skype is much cheaper if used to call a phone inside the USA (I think its around 2 cents a minute). Of course you can also use a tunnel service to make it look like you are in the USA and its 2 cents a minute.

enkichild

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
I put $14 on my Skype account and have been making calls for over 2 months now.

I can't help but laugh at how bad this deal is from AT&T

A step in the right direction, would be to stop charging extra money for calls extra far apart. It's 2011, at what point will we stop thinking about "long distance"?

askers

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.
thanks.
g.php

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]skyper is hugely expensive. People just use skype because they are missinformed and get narrowminded due to their marketing. That's how they sell. AT&T is even more expensive. just check prices http://backsla.sh/betamax[/citation]
They are in euros...so not really useful with ever-changing exchange rates. Got anything in US dollars? Plus cheap is nothing if quality sucks and it constantly drops calls like with those old calling cards, so any info on that?

Oh yeah...thnx AT&T we couldn't expect anything else from you but an overpriced service. Shove it up your ass along with your caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.