AT&T May Manage Your iPhone Data Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Isn't this why i pay 100 bucks a month for the damn thing? FIX IT

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
They charge 30 dollars a month for the data plan no including text, then they say the small amount of users(iphoners)are using up the bandwidth. Isn't that what we pay for? I'm going to be selling my iPhone, and dropping AT&T if this keeps up, wtf

G

How about allowing people to drop the data plan and putting a 3G data block on their iPhone? Not all iPhone user need (or use) 3G anyway.

I mostly connect to WiFi at work and home and only listen to music while in commute on my iPhone.

The $30 incentive may be enough to free up a few percent of the bandwidth.

pakardbell486dx2

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
so pretty much what they are saying is, they rather limited your bandwidth and put caps on your service and charge you and arm and leg and not upgrade their network because they think its better to get more customers to further crowd their networks and lock them in 2 year contracts. I wonder why they don't want any FCC regulation...............

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
"Vega eventually revealed that 3-percent of AT&T's smartphone customers (meaning iPhone owners) use 40-percent of all smartphone data, consuming 13 times more data than AT&T's standard subscribers."

This is becuase its lame to use on any other phone. I had a blackjack 2 before my iphone and navigating the internet/videos/audio sucked (but I did like windows mobile a little).

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Apple needs to Un-Exclusive the iPhone. There is no reason to tether it to AT&T. This would allow for using other 3G networks, and not only AT&Ts, unless of course they are sharing the network with other providers like Verizon.

c210pilot

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
AT&T...TOO BAD! The iPhone being tethered to your network and "hogging" bandwith is your problem, NOT OURS! We already pay an additional $30 a month for the data plan. I will write a letter to my senator and to the FCC. Perhaps more regulation and less customer "screwing" is needed...

Square_Head

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Why does everyone hate AT&T? I mean really? I haven't had a single issue with their service. All of you must be complaining about not having service buried inside your mother's basement. Get above ground and breath some fresh air.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
ATT needs to lose it's exclusivity, I have no current quarrels with them with my 3G, but if they cannot meet the demand then it's time for other networks to share the load, and the bank.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
LOL. The iPhone uses 13 times more data than standard flip phones with not data abilities? Really??? LOL @ AT&T. Regulate my iPhone data I'll gladly end my contract. As if I needed more of a reason to rid myself of the disaster that is AT&T anyways.

I just though of something else anyways. As soon as AT&T loses exclusive rights to the iPhone their network usage will go down as customers like myself jump ship ASAP. They should just wait for their customers to leave and their crappy network won't be a problem.

G

AT&T advertised the 3GS as having faster network access. After purchasing the phone, I find out that AT&T will not be rolling out its faster 3G network until 2011. Can you say class action (or expanding one of the cases already filed)?

spongebob

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2004
[citation][nom]Square_Head[/nom]Why does everyone hate AT&T? I mean really?[/citation]Why? How about the shameless display of price gouging they send you once a month? If the bottom line doesn't bother you, ask your T-Mobile or Sprint friends what they pay for their services?

briandr

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
Thats why we pay extra for a F'n "unlimited data" service...... of course a highly web based phone designed to constantly update many applications from the web and stream audio/video is going to suck more data than a crappy flip phone. if their infrastructure cant handle the added strain its not our problem, the contract says unlimited. they should just use all the money they make from texting charges which costs them almost nothing

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Dear ATT,

While I understand in the corporate world, showing weakness is never an option. Even with thousands of intelligent, vocal and loyal customers attempt to prove you wrong, I understand that you must create new facts, and spin the numbers.

The numbers you fake are crumbling (along with your network), your users are hating you (Google Verizon+iPhone and you'll see..) and you are becoming the laughing stock of the entire tech community. ATT, I know that you are cheap, you are shrewd and you are greedy. But for the love of god ATT- it's not too late to turn your ship around.

$30 for unlimited data (which by the way, is more than your average home-line DSL service you offer..) on the iPhone was reluctantly welcomed by millions; and yet, you propose new ways to curtail their usage of data. When will your madness end? When will you realize that you have very little public capital left to expend?

Either you can drown out the noise of your critics, gaining in momentum and along with it, quarter upon quarter of negative growth- or change. Since assimilating back into Ma' Bell, I'll assume you'll be avoiding the latter. These may be your last days of iPhone driven power, make the most of them (while they last) ATT.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
wow....it sucks to be an iPhone owner, really.

If you guys want, just start a class action retaliation. Everyone go to ATT's Headquarters, get ur iPhone out, and toss them iGrenades...I mean iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS