AT&T Offering Refurbed iPhone 3GS for $49

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderlustx2

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I'm anxiously awaiting the end of my dreadful contract with AT&T so I can move to the Droid. I don't doubt that Apple/AT&T will be working hard to maintain customers.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Was hoping to upgrade from my 3G model, to a newer 3GS model without being banged over the head. Unfortunately, I watched the item disappear, contacted their sales, and they told me it's no more. :(

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]Damn. Here i was set on getting the droid, and now i have to do more thinking...[/citation]

Nothing to think about, this deal died seconds after the article was posted. :(

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]godwhomismike[/nom]Nothing to think about, this deal died seconds after the article was posted.[/citation]

Well, at least i have an easy choice again :)

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I have used the Droid and it lags too much for me to enjoy it.

The screen is pretty awesome though! decent for movies on the go..

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Anyone who says the Droid is laggy hasn't actually used it for more than a few minutes and probably has only swiped between the home screens. Although I think the home screen could have used a bit more optimization (yes, it's a bit jumpy), that's just lack of programming optimization and doesn't at all affect how fast applications load up. If anything the iPhone is slow at loading apps compared to the Droid. On the Droid I click, and it's opened within a second or two second on every app that I use. I can't say the same for the iPhone. When I've used my coworker's iPhone on many occasions it feels like the apps take forever to boot (it's really only like 5-10 seconds or so, but it still feels sloooow). I try not to get sucked into these debates, but I thought I'd say something. Don't think I'm an iPhone hater either, I think the iPhone interface works well and is great looking. The fact that Apple got it out so early and completely caught everyone else with their pants down is to their credit as well. It's spurred a lot of innovation in the phone arena in general and I like that! Anyway, sorry for the rant.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
nerdherd, i understand what you are saying.

by NO means am i an apple fanboy! i adopted the G1 on T-Mobile when it first came out, and it eventually was plagued with lag from the updated software that it received. So naturally, "lag" was the first thing i tested for on the Droid when i got my hands on it and it WAS there.

You say your friends iphone lags, was it the 3gs, which would be equipped with a faster processor than the older iphones? if not, then give the 3gs a shot.

like i said before, i am not an apple fanboy. if i thought that the Droid delivered better than the iphone, then i'd sell my iphone today and get the Droid.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
ATT is a Joke. I would take any other phone carrier before ATT. They are Dead last in service, i would probably take a pre-paid phone before signing on with ATT. The Iphone is by far the King Daddy of phones, if you want one buy a jailbroken Iphone and take it to your Verizon or Tmobile network and Fart on ATT.

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
@ben850 Actually I don't think is was as 3GS, it was the 3G. So if what I've heard about the speed improvements on the 3GS is true then I would imagine the Droid and the 3GS would be roughly similar speedwise. What exactly lagged for you? I have a Droid and have no complaints about lag at all. But in your defense, I use a task manager to close all the apps running in the background periodically to keep everything else snappy. Maybe that's the difference. Without closing all the apps it might get a little laggy, and since the 3GS doesn't have a bunch of apps running in the background it might be snappier without having to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.