AT&T Redirects Salt Lake City 911 Calls to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I'm impressed he knew the number for the local police dispatch off hand.

Either way, it's a good thing nobody died because of this, can you imagine how many lawsuits would be going around??

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]darkknight22[/nom]I'm impressed he knew the number for the local police dispatch off hand.Either way, it's a good thing nobody died because of this, can you imagine how many lawsuits would be going around??[/citation]
The next commercial will be Luke Wilson finding the local dispatch number with the on phone yellow pages while on the phone with 911 hundreds of miles away.

scrappy77

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"AT&T customers needing the assistance of the emergency services were last night connected to operators thousands of miles away."

Which way were you going???

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Typical AT&T we fixed it but don't know what the problem was...I get that every time they fix one of my T1s...WTF...What ever you did to fix it was the problem!

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]haljordan[/nom]AT&T doesn't know what caused it, but they fixed it...good enough for me![/citation]

That should hardly be good enough for anyone. If they don't know what caused it then they cannot prevent it from happening again. AT&T needs to get their sh*t together here. This is no, "Whoops, tried to call Gramma down the block and was connected halfway across the country" situation.

G

l33t_boi:
Knowing AT&T they probably charged for long distance too.

um no. you can contact the emergency services with an out of service phone. there is no charge leet boy

a-nano-moose

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
They knew what the problem was when they fixed it.
Saying what the actual problem was would make them look more stupid than giving the answer that they did.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I think this violates their agreement with the FCC as a phone service provider. There will probably be an investigation by the authorities on this matter. Of course, nothing will come of it, but that's just life for you.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]Typical AT&T we fixed it but don't know what the problem was...I get that every time they fix one of my T1s...WTF...What ever you did to fix it was the problem![/citation]

They treated the effect and are still trying to figure out (or don't care) what caused it. It's pretty easy to correct a problem but not so easy to figure out why it happened.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]That should hardly be good enough for anyone. If they don't know what caused it then they cannot prevent it from happening again. AT&T needs to get their sh*t together here. This is no, "Whoops, tried to call Gramma down the block and was connected halfway across the country" situation.[/citation]

Sorry, I forgot my /sarcasm tag.

G

"AT&T customers needing the assistance of the emergency services were last night connected to operators thousands of miles away."

Thousands of miles? It's only ~842 miles from Seattle to Salt Lake City . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.