Solved! AT&T Resource Query... seeking power efficiencies

jeromebernardjames

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Have the AT&T 5044R. Have noticed that phone can no longer charge more than 50%. Loses significant power just from being on. Have been to "settings" do no see any special changes that can be made to spare power. Hoping for guidance from this membership. Yes... I lowered the display brightness. Hoping for a drill down reply...

Solution
The biggest waste of power is apps and the display. If you already changed the display brightness I suggest you also change it to not stay on long, that will help a lot. Now apps is a whole other story.

Games and ones that run movies or videos use a lot of power/resources. Also, not closing apps and leaving them running the background will drain power fast. Which is what a lot of people do. So close apps when not actively using them. Another suggestion is to restart (turn it off and back on) the phone regularly. This will help as well.
The biggest waste of power is apps and the display. If you already changed the display brightness I suggest you also change it to not stay on long, that will help a lot. Now apps is a whole other story.

Games and ones that run movies or videos use a lot of power/resources. Also, not closing apps and leaving them running the background will drain power fast. Which is what a lot of people do. So close apps when not actively using them. Another suggestion is to restart (turn it off and back on) the phone regularly. This will help as well.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jeromebernardjames : "Power Drain for AT&T Smartphone"