AT&T Sets the Coverage Map Record Straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Me and my wife noticed that Verizons 3G coverage may be larger than AT&T's "coverage" specified in these ads, whatever coverage they are advertising. Seems like AT&T is dancing around the truth. Oh well I have Verizon, and a 3G phone, and im happy.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Too bad Luke Wilson hasn't made a good movie since ever...[/citation]
What about Old School?

I find these AT&T commercials to seem desperate. It also looks like Verizon's 3G coverage matches AT&T's regular coverage. Interesting.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Verizon still rapes the crap out of AT&T's 3G coverage. 97% of the United States? really? how come I saw so much white space and how come all of Alaska was white space? Plus, that's not even 3G, that's a lot of low-speed EDGE network and what not. AT&T, your network is crap, stop trying to cover up the truth. This is America, not some third-world country. There should be 3G 100%.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Listing large cities you have coverage in, is beyond pathetic. AT&T better hope that their average customer isn't intelligent enough to see how desperate they are.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I like how the commercial only lists major cities. I know it make the most sense to hit the major cities first are you can get a quick return on investments but COME ON! We already assume you work in the major metropolitan areas (if you don't by now, then what does it matter), what I care about is when I drive 10miles outside the limits or travel state-to-state that's the part of the coverage map that means the most. That's like an automobile company advertising they have seat-belts... we know already, it's standard!

jdog2076

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]This is America, not some third-world country. There should be 3G 100%.[/citation]
Do some research on what's actually involved in setting up and maintaining a nation-wide cellular network and then re-think that statement.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Anyone who like the movie Old School must be tards.

Seriously, Old School sucks. RottenTomato or Metacritic it; most critics and people overwhelmingly agree.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Verizon has more 3G coverage than AT&T has last gen Edge coverage. Now THAT is sad.

And, really, who the hell talks on the phone and surfs the web at the same time? I've had an iPhone for two years now and not once have I put my phone on speaker to surf the web. Sometimes I read emails but they are already loaded, otherwise I'm actually talking on the phone.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
So this commercials proves 2 things
1) AT&T is threatened by Verizon's ads
2) That AT&T both keeps and buys alot of post cards XD

Btw where are these "97% of all Americans" since, Im sure not 97% of all americans own a cell phone, but also in my area...I dont know a single person with anything besides verizon (Ok, I take that back, I know one person who owns an iphone....sorry)

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
And, really, who the hell talks on the phone and surfs the web at the same time?

You find something online and call your friend about this. You friend asks you some questions and you need to scroll that web page or click a few links on it to answer his questions.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]You find something online and call your friend about this. You friend asks you some questions and you need to scroll that web page or click a few links on it to answer his questions.[/citation]

All that while your driving I'm sure. Wouldn't it be easier just to email the site, there is a link for that :)

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]serkol[/nom]You find something online and call your friend about this. You friend asks you some questions and you need to scroll that web page or click a few links on it to answer his questions.[/citation]

It's called the INTERNET for a reason, your friend has the SAME on e you do, tell hime to google it then get on with your life. I have had a smartphone for six months now and never ONCE gotten the urge to browse the net while on a call. I can see how this might be of use for people who have to sit through a lot of bleak conference calls but for a huge majority of people this feature is all but ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.