AT&T T-Mobile Merger Will Create 96,000 Jobs (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintermint

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
It's never about the customers. AT&T could have used this money to improve their infrastructures and network quality. I can't even get a signal until I walk outside my home but that's probably just my location in Chinatown.

G

AT&T sucks, it needs to be dismantled and its executives thrown in jail. AT&T is forcing me to pay >$100 for DAILUP and home phone service because they refuse to sell me DSL. FUCK AT&T

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
EVEN if 96,000 is the correct number, those will probably short-term jobs. We're talking laying cable and building cell-towers, which is not a career (maintaining them is, but that doesn't take 96,000 NEW people).

It's the same with our government's wonderful stimulus packages and why the jobless rate isn't falling. You can employ someone on a road project for one year, but then they're jobless again when road funding dries-up. You're only delaying the full effects, not solving any actual problem.

visule

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
As a long time T-MO customer, I'm completely against this merger. ATT is already too big, too slow, too monopolistic. If the regulators approve this, it will then be too big to fail.

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
People don't understand the hurtles being a wireless carrier. Even if you have the cash to build 100 towers it can take years to get the rights to build just ONE. buying t-moble gets instant access to T-mobiles towers.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]sinfulpotato[/nom]People don't understand the hurtles being a wireless carrier. Even if you have the cash to build 100 towers it can take years to get the rights to build just ONE. buying t-moble gets instant access to T-mobiles towers.[/citation]
Yea, but that solves nothing because t-mobiles towers are already being used by t-mobiles users. All it does is shift ownership, it doesnt increase access.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Screw_ATT[/nom]AT&T sucks, it needs to be dismantled and its executives thrown in jail. AT&T is forcing me to pay >$100 for DAILUP and home phone service because they refuse to sell me DSL. FUCK AT&T[/citation]
Dude, for that money you could get satellite internet.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
AT&T is a blight. They don't give a rats azz about the customer once you sign up for service with them. yet the ceo still takes home a insane salary and compensation every year ,

MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU DON'T GET THE SERVICE YOU PAY FOR ...THE BROADBAND DSL SPEEDS ARE USUALLY LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT THEY BILL YOU FOR. IF IT WAS THE HUSTLER OR CON DOWN THE STREET, THEY WOULD BE IN PRISON.

what a bunch of corporate crooks.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I somehow doubt that number. One company can't create that many from a simple merger - the figure's nearly two times the entire number of jobs created in the US in the last quarter!

G

I am not sure how they came up with that number. If the merger goes through, at&t may eliminate lot of jobs. Every time at&t merges with someone, it results in lot of Engineers getting the pink slip.

http://majesticoffer.com/blog1/

G

AT&T has promised 2 billion dollars to T-Mobile if the deal DOES NOT go through. Think about that for one second...they are so confident that it'll go through that they are willing to risk 2 billion dollars...A giant company like AT&T wouldn't do something like that unless it knew for sure that it will go through (as in, having some key people on their payroll) As much as any of us don't want to see this happen, the sad reality is that money talks and AT&T has plenty of it. This is definitely happening.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
This acquisition will create a monopolistic situation where 2 huge mobile phone service providers will dominate the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.